PROFESSIONAL TRANSMISSION REPAIR
Your car’s transmission is an integral component of its drivetrain, which is the system responsible for transferring power from the engine to the wheels. Transmission problems can cause your car to lose efficiency and affect its performance, ultimately impacting the way your car handles and its safety while on the road. Walt’s Danville Service offers complete transmission service in San Ramon, including transmission repair, transmission flushes, and transmission rebuilds to get you back on the road safely and efficiently.
COMMON SIGNS YOU NEED TRANSMISSION REPAIR
Because your transmission is such an essential part of your car, it’s important to address transmission problems as soon as you notice them. Knowing the signs that you may need auto service is the best way to avoid driving a car in need of professional repair.
- One of the most common signs that transmission repair is needed is a vehicle that “slips” out of gear. When a vehicle slips gears, it may take a long time to coast or delay accelerating after you press on the gas pedal.
- Grinding, ticking, or whining noises, especially when your car is in neutral, often signal a transmission in need of professional attention.
- Fluid leaking from your car is always a sign that you should schedule an inspection at your auto shop. Transmission fluid is usually a red, oily liquid that smells like petroleum. If you think you have a transmission fluid leak, you should have it repaired promptly.
- When your transmission fluid gets too hot, it tends to give off a smell like burning rubber. If you consistently experience this smell while driving, it’s time to schedule transmission repair.
YOUR TRANSMISSION REPAIR OPTIONS
When your transmission needs attention, there are several solutions available. You and your car repair technician will work together to determine the best transmission repair solution based on your vehicle’s needs. If you’d like to schedule transmission repair or any other type of auto service, including car maintenance near San Ramon, please call Walt’s Danville Service today at 925-328-1050.
- If your transmission fluid is old, dirty, or running too hot, a transmission flush will replace the fluid with fresh product to restore proper transmission performance.
- General transmission repair refers to a situation in which your car repair technician can identify a clear problem with your transmission, such as a leak or clearly broken component, and the issue is resolved without disassembling the rest of the transmission.
- A transmission rebuild is better solution when your transmission has multiple problems or shows significant wear. During a rebuild, your transmission is completely disassembled, inspected, and any worn or damaged parts in the system are replaced to restore your entire transmission to like-new condition.